Thursday, October 07, 2010

why I want to Join Rotary Club !

Recently I cam across a foundation called CRY and they wanted some help from the professionals like us. Though I did help my bit but was not satisfied and had lot of open questions like - How do I become a part of the larger cause
How can I make difference to the human kind
How can I impart values to my daughter (Her name is Saanvis and she is 2 years old) - I would want her to be associated with noble causes and I believe Rotary would provide a platform.
How can I help myself to be a better person
How do I know my effort yield the results I would love to see.. ( I donated some money to CRY but I could never see as to how it helped a kid )...

Above all this , I want to be part of a social networking who is reputed , who can bring a massive changes ( And I believe thats very important) , who can be TRUSTED !

I read lot of books and would like to mention one of them . You can read the review here which I had written : http://be-a-ware.blogspot.com/2009/09/leaving-microsoft-to-change-world-by.html

So am pretty much clear that , you need a bigger platform , you need a larger community and you need leaders to move this world out of the crisis and I believe I can bring tremendous changes to the community as well....So rotary I believe can help me set this direction

looking forward to hear from you soon !

thanks
kiran

No comments:

Kathihar to Kennedy - The Road Less Travelled by Sanjay Kumar

It’s a cliche when I read this book and reflect some of my own beliefs about having a purpose-driven life. This book amazed me for 2 reaso...